English Cloze Tests for Bank PO, Clerk, IBPS & SBI
In English cloze test we are given with a paragraph that contains 5 to 10 blanks and each black will have 5 options. We have to find the most appropriate one of them. Every blank numbered with 1,2,3 n so on and each blank may be succeeded by the word and if you find that word is correct then you have to mark the option number 5 i.e. no correction required. That’s the introduction about the cloze test and now here are some strategies for mastering the cloze test.
Strategies for mastering cloze test
- Vocab power.
- Read the given paragraph carefully.
- Eliminate the words which do not fit the meaning.
- Eliminate the words which do not match the tone. That tone may be complaining, suggestive, critical or may be positive as well.
- Among the remaining options check them with common sense and by the noun used.
Here are some examples.
- Petroleum, or crude oil, is one of the world’s (1) —– natural resources. Plastics, synthetic fibres, and (2) —– chemicals are produced from petroleum. It is also used to make lubricants and waxes. (3) —–, its most important use is as a fuel for heating, for (4) — — electricity, and (5) —– for powering vehicles.
- as important
- most important
- so importantly
- less importantly
- too important
- a lot
- to generate
- being generated
Learn and practice English Cloze test with various mock test papers, click English for competitive exams for details.
- When we (1)____ started thirty years ago in 1997, we did not know anything about how to run the bank for the poor. We, therefore, looked at how others ran their operations and (2)_____ from their mistakes.
In Bangladesh, conventional banks and credit co-operative always(3)____lump sum payments. This created(4)_____ problems because repaying the lump sum was a mental hurdle for borrowers. They tended to delay repayment and get further into debt in the (5)_____. In the end usually (6)____totally on the loan, which was a loss to the bank. In structuring our own loans. I decided to ask for the daily payment, Monitoring repayment was (7)_____and it filled with (8)____that they could repay their loans.
1. A. firstly.
2. A. copied.
3. A. asked.
4. A. severe.
5. A. time.
6. A. neglected.
7. A. benefit.
8. A. sense.
Click here for Quantitative aptitude, Reasoning and English classes for Bank PO/Clerk exams.
For more examples and sample papers, visit www.takshilalearning.com
For more details related to all other topics which come in all kind of bank exams, you can visit our site www.takshilalearning.com. We there provide all kind of online and offline courses as per student convenience for better preparation.
Follow us on a Social media