E-commerce SEO & Advance SEO Techniques
As the world is moving very fast towards adopting digital marketing as a source of advertising and marketing for their businesses, so either you are a student, professional or businessman, first of all, you need to understand the basic concept of digital marketing. In this article, we will discuss about ‘Search Engine Optimization techniques for E Commerce Sites’ and step by step guide by our Experts on how you can optimize your ecommerce site from the Digital Marketing segment to get more potential traffic.
E-Commerce, which is also known as e-Business, or electronic business, is simply the process of buying and selling of services and goods over an electronic medium, like the Internet and Mobile Applications. It actually refers to online retail and online shopping both as well as the transfer of funds to execute such electronic transactions. In simple words, it means that whenever you buy and sell something using the Internet, you’re involved in ecommerce.
- Now- a-days as there is tremendous competition in every field, so you must need to increase your E-commerce website’s traffic from Google, for which you have to rank your E- commerce site higher than your competitors. And to rank higher in SERP (Search Engine Ranking Page) you need the best SEO practices that will help you to grow your visibility on the search engine, i.e., Google, quickly and accurately. So, let’s Dive in for some suggestions and trusted methods. Use HTTPS instead of HTTP: – HTTPS is safe and it also creates trust among the customer as it is secure. The search engine gives more preference to a site in terms of the ranking if it uses HTTPS.
- URL structure: The URL structure of an e-commerce website needs to be SEO It must be same or similar to navigation structure. URL must contain targeting keywords.
- Keyword Research: Like with all SEO campaigns, Ecommerce SEO should begin with keyword research. For this list all the pages on your site, map appropriate keywords to each page and do keyword research page-by-page. Just be careful and try not to choose keywords that are too broad or too competitive.
- Optimizing Category page: Writing Title, good length description on the category page is good for SEO. These title and description need to contain targeting and relevant keywords. Most of the e-commerce website lacks it. They focus more on showcasing product/Category image and least on text content.
- Optimizing Product Page: Adding Good Title, good length description of each and every product is important. Titles and descriptions should be unique and relevant so that they cannot get penalized by the search engine. Good use of headings, tags, bold text, bulleted features, and Image/ product video give it an edge. It does not only help in conversion but also helps to get better rank.
- Optimizing product image: A good quality compressed image with a good alt description is good for SEO. In e-commerce, it becomes more important. So, you need to write a good alt description which should include the targeting keywords.
- Site speed: For SEO, site speed or page load speed has become a big factor. So, every e-commerce website needs to be very fast. You can achieve this by using Fast Hosting Service, Caching, Content delivery network (CDN) and Compressed/optimized image and video content.
- Blog page on the Main Site: Having a blog page on the main site gives a huge amount of traffic on the site and helps you to get better search engine ranking. Updating blog with unique content and publishing it on social media helps in achieving the traffic to the site/blog.
- Duplicate Content (Optimizing Content): A product can be of multiple sizes, in multiple colors and can be in multiple combinations. These slight changes in product feature generate a new URL for each change. This creates the problem of duplicate content. To resolve this, you need to no-indexed all of these URLs or use a canonical tag on such web pages. The problem of duplicate content is due to the use of the same description that is coming from a manufacturer. Since the product of a single manufacturer is getting sold on various website. So, you need to re-write it differently or use a canonical tag.
- Product Review & Rating: Adding product review & rating by a buyer on-site helps in better SEO. Even negative reviews & ratings also help in SEO. So, every e-commerce site should add reviews & ratings system.
- Breadcrumbs: Breadcrumbs helps in creating internal linking. It helps the user to understand site navigation as it help search engine to navigate around your site.
- On – Page SEO Optimization: It includes all of the actions you take within your own web pages. For this you need to focus on Keyword Optimization, Site Structure , Internal Linking, Social Media Integration, Mobile version of the website, Customer Reviews, Usability of the Website and Rich Snippets.
There are too many reasons to optimize your E-commerce site for search engines, but the most favourable is increase in sales as when SEO done rightly, there will be an increase in potential traffic, which will lead to more conversions and more sales. Although SEO work requires a lot of time and dedication, the benefits are worth it.
For any Info or Counselling on Digital Marketing or SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMATION feel free to contact us at www.takshilalearning.com.
Check our other Articles also:
Takshila Learning offers Digital Marketing Online Course and SEO Course Online along with Online SEO training. To know about the details of Digital Marketing Course In Hindi , SEO Course Online , visit us . We offer you the best Digital Marketing Online Course crafted by our experts.
Follow us on a Social media
Call at 8800999280 / 8800999283 / 8800999284 fill the form for any other details: