ICSI CSEET syllabus for November 2021
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India’s Council has approved the syllabus for the Company Secretary Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) in the exercise of the powers conferred by clause (a) of subsection (2) of Section 15 of the Company Secretaries Act, 1980, as amended by the Company Secretaries (Amendment) Act, 2006, read with Regulation 20(1)(ii) of the Company Secretaries (Amendment) Regulations, 2020.
Except for a few exempted types of candidates, passing the CS Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) is required for all candidates to apply for the CS Executive Program which had already started since February 3, 2020. With the implementation of CSEET, new Foundation Program registration is no longer possible.
The CSEET 2021 exam consists of four main papers. The papers are based on the CSEET 2021 syllabus’s units and subsequent topics. Candidates who meet the CSEET eligibility criteria 2021 must study the entire CSEET 2021 syllabus in order to be considered for the exam.
The Syllabus of CSEET shall comprise of 4 papers and therefore the nomenclature of the papers is as under:
|S.No.||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|2||Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning||35||50|
|3||Economic and Business Environment||35||50|
Paper – 1 Business Communication (50 marks)
- Essentials of Good English
- Common errors in English
- Words with multiple meaning
- One word substitution
- Words frequently mis-spelt
- Idioms and phrases
- Para jumbles
- Sentence completion
- Sentence arrangement
- Means of Communication- Written, Oral, Visual, Audiovisual
- Choice of Modes of Communication
- Business Communication- Principles and Process
- Communication Networks- Vertical, Circuit, Chain, Wheel, Star
- Commonly used Mediums of Digital Communication- Email, SMS, Voice mail, Multimedia, Teleconferencing, Mobile Phone Conversation, video conferencing etc.
- Business Correspondence
- Business Letters – Its Essentials, Parts, Types, Salutations
- Positive Messages, Negative Messages and Persuasive Messages
- Business Reports, Inter and Intra-departmental Communication- Office Orders, Office Circulars, Memorandum, Office Notes, Management Information System (MIS)
- Concept of Web, Internet and E-correspondence
- Intranet- Benefit and Purpose
- Email – Features, Procedure to Write a Formal Email, Email Etiquettes
- Common Business Terminologies
- Terms defined under various Laws, Rules and Regulations including financial and Non-Financial terms and expressions.
Paper – 2 Legal aptitude and Logical Reasoning (50 marks)
Part A – Legal Aptitude (25 Marks)
- Indian Constitution
- Fundamental Rights and Fundamental Duties
- Directive Principles of State Policy
- State under Constitution
- President and Governors
- Council of Ministers and Prime Minister
- Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and Legislative Assembly,
- Legislative Council
- Supreme Court and High Courts
- Elements of General Laws (Indian Contract Act and Law of Torts)
- Law of Contract
- Offer, Acceptance, Consideration and Competency to Contract.
- Types of Contract: Void, Voidable, Unenforceable
- Performance of Contract
- Frustration of Contract
- Law of Torts
- Basics of Torts
- Specific Defenses
- Nuisance and Negligence
- Strict, Absolute and Vicarious Liability
- Law of Contract
- Elements of Company Secretaries Legislation
- The Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- Vision, Mission, Motto and Core Values of the Institute
- Company Secretary under Company Secretaries Act, 1980.
- Functions of Company Secretary under the Companies Act, 2013
- Elements of Company Law
- Meaning and Nature of Company
- Types of Companies
- Incorporation of a Company
- Types of capital Business Ethics
- Ethical Dilemma
Part B – Logical Reasoning (25 Marks)
- Legal Reasoning
- Legal Fundamentals and Terms
- Legal Problems – Reading and understanding a case
- Legal Terminology and Maxims
- Logical Reasoning
- Cause and Effect Reasoning
- Coding and Decoding
- Deriving Conclusion from Passages
- Drawing Inference
- Verbal Reasoning
- Alphabet Test
- Alpha Numeric Sequence Puzzle
- Assertion and Reason
- Blood Relations
- Decision Making
- Inserting Missing Characters
- Logical Sequence Test
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Analytical Reasoning
- Completion of Incomplete Pattern
- Figure Matrix
- Grouping of Identical Figures
- Mirror Image
Paper – 3 Economic and Business Environments – 50 Marks
Part A – Economics (25 Marks)
- Basics of Demand and Supply and Forms of Market Competition
- Theory of Demand and Supply
- Equilibrium Price
- Elasticity of Demand and Supply and other related concepts
- Increase and Decrease in Demand and Expansion and Contraction of Demand
- National Income Accounting and Related Concepts
- Meaning and methods to compute National Income
- Key variables of National Income (GNP, GDP, NNP, NDP etc.)
- Indian Union Budget
- Key terminologies / heads covered under the budget
- Revenue and Capital Budget
- Major components of Revenue and Capital Budget
- Meaning of Fiscal Deficit
- Indian Financial Markets
- Growth of Financial Institutions
- Public and private sector banks
- Industrial Finance Corporation of India, Small Industries Development Bank of India
- Regional Rural Banks
- Cooperative Banks
- Non-Banking Finance Companies
- Indian Economy
- Primary (Agriculture and allied activities)
- Secondary (Manufacturing)
- Tertiary (Services):
- Current scenario of agriculture and allied activities in India
- Agricultural and Industrial Policies of India
- Current scenario of services sector in India
- Balance of Payments
Part B – Business Environment (25 Marks)
- Entrepreneurship Scenario
- Government initiatives to foster entrepreneurship
- Need for entrepreneurship in India
- Business Environment
- Overview of Business Environment
- Features and factors influencing business environment
- Types of environment: Economic environment, Socio-cultural environment, Political environment, Legal and Technological environment
- Key Government Institutions
- Basic awareness about various institutions and regulatory bodies in India such as NITI Aayog, MCA, SEBI, RBI, IBBI, CCI, NCLT/NCLAT etc.
Paper – 4 Current Affairs, Presentation and Communication Skills (Viva Voce)
Part A – Current Affairs (20 Marks)
- Current Affairs
- Organizations like, RBI, NABARD, CCI, IBBI, IMF, OECD, ADB, World Bank, etc.
- Summits and conferences
- Current development in Banking and Finance (digital banking, govt. initiatives, financial inclusion, etc.)
- Current development in stock markets
- Recent important judgments passed by Supreme Court and High Courts of India, Tribunals
- Current affairs related to CS Institute/Profession and regulatory bodies
- Current updates on environment, bio-diversity, climate change and sustainable development
- Latest developments in science and technology, IT, Computers and Space science
- Business personalities and leaders
- Committees and appointments
- Art and culture
Part B – Presentation & Communication Skills (Viva Voce) (30 Marks)
- Listening Skills
- Testing Grammar
- Test on Vocabulary
- Testing the Written Communication Skills
- Writing on the topic given
- Correcting errors in a paragraph
- Writing short notes
- Essay writing
- Oral Communication Skills
- Candidates are expected to give answers to the questions asked, speak on the topic given and provide explanations to the term
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) chose to hold the CSEET 2021 in online Remote-proctored test (PRT) mode because to the COVID-19 epidemic. As a result, the candidate can take the exam from any location, including their homes.
The following items are required to take the RPT exam:
- Personal computer (PC) (or laptop)
- Internet access
The modified (or new) CSEET 2021 exam pattern has the following main features.
- CSEET 2021 exam mode: According to ICSI, the CSEET 2021 exam will now be proctored remotely. Previously, the exam was held in a centre setting.
- How to take the remotely administered exam: Candidates can take the exam from the comfort of their own homes or any other location they want.
The only stipulation is that they meet the fundamental parameters outlined below.
- There will be no exam centres assigned: Candidates will not be assigned to any CSEET exam centres because the exam will be done remotely.
- Viva Voce section has been removed: The viva voce section, which was worth 30 marks and lasted 15 minutes, has been removed, and an MCQ-based section has been added in its place.
- MCQ section has been added: A new part called “Presentation & Communication Skills” has been added. From the Section, 20 multiple-choice questions will be asked.
- The paper will be entirely made up of multiple-choice questions (MCQs): The CSEET 2021 exam paper will solely contain objective questions, as the viva-voce part has been eliminated.
- The number of questions has been increased: There will be 140 questions on the CSEET 2021 question paper. The new pattern has 20 more questions.
- Exam duration: The test duration has not changed, and it remains at 120 minutes.
(CS Executive Entrance Test) CSEET Registration FAQs
Best Study Material for CSEET Preparation
What is the expected salary of a Company Secretary as a fresher In India?
How to Decide Which Course to Join CA, CS or CMA?
Concept Of Communication & Characteristics of Communication
TORT LAW : LEGAL APTITUDE AND LOGICAL REASONING – CSEET PAPER 2
Monopoly and its features, types and examples – CSEET
Prepare CSEET with CSEET syllabus, CSEET study material, and Online Video lectures
Takshila Learning leaves no stones unturned when it comes to the preparation of the CSEET exams, the modules and the papers are designed to suit the demands of the aspirants. They get to know the latest regarding the exam and the subjects which are tested and evaluated. Takshila Learning aims to meet the expectation of the candidates as well as reach up to the standardized approach towards the examination. Get CSEET study material at Takshila Learning by expert faculties.
Get set going for CSEET with Takshila Learning and reach where you want to with a confident set of the foot.
Subscribe to our social channel.
Call at +91-8045681010 | +91-8800-999-284 or fill the form for any other details:
0 responses on "CSEET Syllabus for November 2021 - CS Executive Entrance Test Syllabus 2021"