ICSI CSEET 2022 Details: Registration, Eligibility, Fee Structure, Exam Dates, and Syllabus
ICSI CSEET Exam Pattern 2022
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) administers the direct entry route via the Company Secretary Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) under the Company Secretaries Act of 1980 for admission to CS programmes.
The ICSI introduced the CSEET to replace the CS Foundation for new registrants post-February 2020. Therefore, all candidates must qualify for the CSEET if they wish to pursue CS. Thus, candidates must clear CSEET to register for CS Executive Program.
In this blog, we will discuss the eligibility criteria, important dates, registration process, and exam pattern of the ICSI CSEET.
- Candidates who have appeared for their 10th examinations can appear on a provisional basis.
- Candidates appearing/passed their 10+2 exams or equivalent.
- Candidates who are graduates/postgraduates.
- Candidates must be Indian Nationals.
- Candidates must be 17+ years of age.
- Candidates who have completed the CS Foundation Programme.
- Candidates who have completed the Final Examination of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
- Candidates who have completed The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICMAI).
Students with prior registration in the CS Foundation Course
ICSI has permitted all current Foundation Programme students to take the CS Foundation tests till their registrations expire.
After completing the Foundation Programme Examinations, such students may enrol for the next level, the CS Executive Programme, using the current method.
CSEET Important Dates
The CSEET is conducted four times every year, in January, May, July and November. Herein, we will discuss the important dates for the May, July, and November 2022 exam windows.
|May 2022||July 2022||November 2022|
|Registration Starting Date||Dec 16, 2021||Apr 16, 2022||Jun 16, 2022|
|Last Date for Registration||Apr 15, 2022||Jun 16, 2022||Oct 15, 2022|
|Availability of Admit Card||To be notified||To be notified||To be notified|
|Exam Date||May 7, 2022||Mid-July||Mid-Nov|
|Result Declaration||End of May||End of July||End of Nov|
CSEET Exam Pattern
The exam shall comprise four papers – Business Communication, Legal aptitude and Logical Reasoning, Economic and Business Environments, and Current Affairs, Presentation and Communication Skills (Viva Voce)
The subjects would attribute for 200 marks, out of which students must score at least 50% marks in aggregate and at least 40% in each paper to pass the exam.
|Subject||Sub-Topics||No. of Questions||Number of 1 mark questions||Number of 2 mark questions||Total Marks|
|Paper 1||Business Communication||
|Paper 2||Legal aptitude and Logical Reasoning||
|Paper 3||Economic and Business Environments||
|Paper 4||Current Affairs,||
|Viva Voce||Presentation and Communication Skills||
The following elements will further help you comprehend the exam pattern:
- Online computer-based test.
- The written online test will be a total of 170 marks.
- Time duration of the online written test is 120 minutes.
- The test will only have Objective type and Multiple-Choice questions (MCQs).
- The Viva Voce for Presentation and Communication Skills will get conducted simultaneously or after the MCQ test. The time duration would be 15 minutes. It would get conducted online using artificial intelligence or through recoded videos at the designated test centres.
CSEET Registration Process
The registration process is simple and may be performed online at ICSI’s official website at https://www.icsi.edu/home/.
Students can access the registration guidelines as prescribed by the ICSI.
Candidates from specified groups are also eligible for registration cost reductions from ICSI. Before applying, it is best to check for potential exemptions.
Candidates must have soft copies of the following documents and images while filling out their applications for the CSEET –
- Candidate’s photograph (20 kb-50 kb)
- Candidate’s signature (10 kb-20 kb)
- 10th pass certificate (for date of birth verification)
- Admit card 10+2 exams (if appearing) or 10+2 pass mark sheet/ certificate
- Category certificate (for fee concession application)
- Any identity proof (aadhar card/ voter ID/ pan card/ driving license/ ration card/ passport)
Note 1 – Format for all files must be in jpg, jpeg, png, gif, bmp, or pdf.
Note 2 – The maximum file size is 2 MB.
CSEET Fee Structure
In the table below, we have mentioned the registration fee for each category and the concessions available alongside –
|Registration Fee||Fee Amount||Concession %|
|General and OBC||1000||NA|
|Serving / Retired Personnel of Defence Services and
|Candidates from the North East, Andaman &
Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep & Himachal Pradesh
|ICSI Staff and Wards / Spouse of ICSI Staff||250||75%|
|ICLS Officers/ Officers & Staff of MCA and affiliated
offices (NCLT, SFIO and CCI)
|Wards and Widows of Martyrs and Defence Service
Personnel with Permanent Disability
Keep checking out our website for more updates about the ICSI CSEET.
Check out our blog where we discuss some tips to crack the CSEET in 1st Attempt
To know more about the CSEET preparation course offered by Takshila Learning.
We wish you the best of luck on this journey of the CS certification!
Takshila Learning provides Online classes for Company Secretary Entrance Exam and CSEET study material that are based on the newest ICSI Syllabus and taught by India’s greatest professors. The main objective of Takshila learning is to assist students in passing their tests and becoming CAs & CS with good scores in their first attempt itself.
Subscribe to our social channel.
Call at 08045681010 / 8800999284 fill the form for any other details:
Tag – ICSI CSEET; CSEET Eligibility; CSEET Exam Pattern; CSEET Registration; CSEET Fee Structure; cseet exam date; cseet exam date 2022; CSEET Syllabus; CSEET 2022 Details; ICSI CSEET 2022 Details; CSEET Registration 2022; registration for cseet
0 responses on "CSEET 2022 Details: Registration, Exam Dates, and Syllabus"