CS Professional REGISTRATION IN GOODS AND SERVICE TAX
WHO IS LIABLE FOR REGISTRATION?
- If any supplier has an aggregate turnover of the 20lakhs rupee in the financial year in the state he provides service is liable to get registered.
- If the person is providing is service from a special category states, he is liable to get registered if its aggregate turnover exceeds 10lakhs rupee.
- Every person who holds a license under the previous act is liable to register under this act with effect from the appointed day.
- In any case, if the business is transferred to any other party by way of succession or any other way, the person to whom business is transferred is liable to be registered from the same day business is transferred.
- If the business is transferred because of any scheme or arrangement for amalgamation, the person to whom business is transferred shall be liable to register on the day registrar of the company or any court will approve the order.
WHO IS NOT LIABLE FOR REGISTRATION?
- A person who is not liable to tax or exempt under integrated goods and service tax act and involved in the business of goods and services
- An agriculturist but only to the extent to his production of cultivation of land
- Any person who is recommended by the council and on the approval of the government
PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION
- A person who is liable to registration or who is compulsory liable should apply for registration in the state or territory in which he is liable to registration within 30 days
- No resident person or casual taxable person has to apply for registration at least 5 days prior to the date he will provide service or start a business
- A single registration will be provided in each state or union territory except for a person who is having multiple businesses in state and union territory can be granted multiple
- A person can be voluntarily registered under this act and all the applicable provision will be applied to it
- If the person is registered under different states and union territory, he will be regarded as a distinct person in all states
- A person should have a permanent account number under income tax act,1961 in order to gain eligibility under this act exception is created for the person who collects TDS can use tax deduction and collection amount in order to gain eligibility
- For a nonresident and casual person, he can get registration on the documents as prescribed
- A person who failed to take registration under this act, then the officer will proceed to register the person according to prescribed rules
- For the organization like united nation organization or multilateral financial institution or any other person or class of person notified by the commissioner, they will be allotted unique identification number for a refund and service-related activities
- After verification registration will be granted or rejected according to the case
- If there is no reply of approval or rejection, it will be deemed that registration is granted
- A person can file a form in part a of FORM GST REG-01 with PAN number, mobile number and email address.
Download free CS Professional video lectures by clicking the CS Professional course.
Learn more articles for CS Professional.
Follow us on a Social media