Credit Rating Agencies in India: A Brief Summary
Credit Rating Agencies in India – Banking awareness – A credit rating agency is a company that is responsible for determining the creditworthiness of the debtors on the basis of their ability to pay back the debt in a timely manner. They rate companies or governments that borrow money on a large scale.
There are three big international credit rating agencies in the world which are Standard and Poor’s (S&P), Moody’s and Fitch Ratings.
There are mainly 4 credit rating agencies in India which are
Credit Rating and Information Services of India Limited (CRISIL)
- It is India’s first credit rating agency which was incorporated and promoted by the erstwhile ICICI Ltd, along with UTI and other financial institutions in 1987.
- It has its head office in Mumbai.
- It is India’s foremost provider of ratings, data, and research, analytics, and solutions, with a strong track record of growth and innovation.
- CRISIL’s businesses operate from 8 countries including the USA, Argentina, Poland, UK, India, China, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
- CRISIL’s majority shareholder is Standard & Poor’s.
Investment Information and Credit rating agency (ICRA)
- The second credit rating agency incorporated in India was ICRA in 1991.
- It was set up by leading financial / investment institutions, commercial banks, and financial services companies as an independent and professional investment Information and Credit Rating Agency.
- It is a public limited company.
- It has its head office in New Delhi.
- ICRA’s majority shareholder is Moody’s.
Credit Analysis & Research Ltd. (CARE)
- Credit Analysis & Research Ltd. (CARE) is the second-largest credit rating agency in India set up in 1993 having its head office in Mumbai.
- CARE Ratings is one of the 5 partners of an international rating agency called ARC Ratings.
- ONICRA is a private sector credit rating agency having Pan India presence set up by Onida Finance with its head office in Gurugram.
- It provides ratings, risk assessment and analytical solutions to Individuals, MSMEs, and Corporates.
Apart from these credit rating agencies, there are three more credit rating agencies which are also registered with SEBI. These are Fitch Ratings India Private Ltd., Brickwork Ratings India Private Limited, SME Rating Agency of India Ltd. (SMERA).
- Out of four credit rating agencies, CRISIL, ICRA, CARE, and ONICRA, ONICRA is a private sector agency; all others are public sector companies.
- There are 6 credit rating agencies which are registered with SEBI. These are CRISIL, ICRA, CARE, Fitch India, Brickwork Ratings, and SMERA.
Takshila Learning is one of the leading e-learning portals that provide the best online coaching classes for IBPS / SBI. We provide basic, advanced and live class packages for IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, RRB, and other exams.
We provide exceptional facilities to our aspirants that distinguish us from the rest of the institutes.
Features of our course:
- Animated + Recorded lectures by well qualified & experienced faculty
- Live crash course
- Impeccable Online Study Material
- Faculty Support
- Regular Topic-wise articles on all the subjects.
- Pioneer in Online Test Series
- Daily Current Affairs
- Job Alerts & updates
Follow us on a Social media
Call us: 8800999280/83/84 or fill the form for any other details:
- Accounts (3)
- Banking PO/CLERK Exams (515)
- CA (21)
- Career Counselling (8)
- cbsc class 11 classes (1)
- CBSE Class (475)
- Class 12 Business Studies Sample Paper (9)
- CMA (7)
- Company Secretary (136)
- CSEET (1)
- Digital Marketing Course (38)
- Earn Money Online (1)
- General (Tips, facts, education, science related) (18)
- GS Quiz For IBPS CLERK , SBI PO, IBPS PO, SBI CLERK, SSC, RRB, DMRC, IR (31)
- IBPS CLERK 2017 (1)
- IBPS Exam Schedule (2)
- IBPS PO 2017 (1)
- IFRS (6)
- Indian Festivals and Important date-Short essay (39)
- Investing (2)
- Job Notification (8)
- News (2)
- Professionals Courses (3)
- Uncategorized (5)
- Why Takshila online Classes (33)
Class 6 All Subjects Online Classes | CBSE | ICSE | NCERT Solutionsby 2D3D Classes
Class 4 All Subjects Online Classes | CBSE | ICSE | NCERT Solutionsby 2D3D Classes
NCERT & CBSE Class 12 English Online Classes & Solutionsby Faculty Canny Gogia
English Video Lectures for IBPS, Bank PO and SSC CGLby Jagmmet Kaur
Class 7 Social Science Online Classes | CBSE | ICSE | NCERT Solutionsby 2D3D Classes