PETITION FOR CORPORATE INSOLVENCY RESOLUTION PROCESS
WHO CAN GIVE PETITION FOR CORPORATE INSOLVENCY RESOLUTION PROCESS
- A financial creditor
- Operational creditor
- Corporate applicant which include corporate debtor or its shareholders, partners, management personnel or employees
These entire people can give application for initiating resolution process on company with the authority
Financial creditor are those creditor whose relationship with the company is financial and not of some other sorts ex. Debentures
Operational creditor are those creditor who have any debt in regards to goods and services and employment and also includes legal assignee of that person or any debt arising under any law for the time being force in India.
How financial creditor can file petition to adjudicating authority?
An financial creditor either individually or through others financial creditor can file an application in form no. 1 of insolvency and bankruptcy for initiating the resolution process against the corporate debtor. After receiving the application , authority within the 14 days, will ascertain the existence of default if there is not following exception :-
- If the default has occurred and application under is complete and there is no any pending proceeding against that resolution professional will admit such application
- If default has not occurred against and application is incomplete and there is pending application against resolution professional then it have to reject the application
- Adjudicating authority if going to reject application have to send notice of 14 days to rectify its mistake
How the operational creditor will file petition to adjudicating authority
An operational creditor can issue a order of demand in form no. 3 as a notice to pay unpaid debt with a copy of invoice demanding payment of amount of default in such form
After getting notice , debtor shall within a period of 10 days of receipt of demand notice will show following things to the operation creditor :-
- If already there is existence of disputes or any pendency of suit or arbitration
- Repayment of operational debt
If debtor fail to reply the notice within 10 days of date of delivery or fail to show any existence of disputes or do not receive payment, he can file application with the authority in form no. 5 for initiating resolution process
The adjudicating authority will accept or reject proposal within 14 days of application received by them and will give 7days notice in case of rejecting the notice and to give rectification of mistake
How corporate applicant will file application to adjudicating authority
Corporate applicant will file application in form number 6 for initiating corporate resolution process. Along with the application relevant documents like books of account and other relevant document may be submitted. Details of resolution professional to be appointed as a interim resolution professional
The adjudicating authority will accept or reject proposal within 14 days of application received by them and will give 7days notice in case of rejecting the notice and to give time for rectification of mistake.
Learn complete CS Professional Online classes at Takshila Learning.
Follow us on a Social media
Call us: 8800999280/8800999284 or fill the form for any other details: