Computer Worksheet for Class 2 | Practice Questions for Kids
Computer Worksheet for Class 2 – In this worksheet, we have questions from “Computer”. This worksheet covers all important concepts from the chapter. It gives you an overall idea and covers all the important parts names of computers. This worksheet makes you exam-ready. By attempting this worksheet with time-bound will give you the best preparedness for the exam. This worksheet builds knowledge around computers.
Computer a Machine
Hi there! I am sure you play so many games every day. Now I want you to think of virtual devices where you can play games. Your parent’s mobile phone of course! But there are a couple of other devices too! Like a computer or a laptop, right? You can see videos, watch movies, listen to songs, use paint applications for drawing, and whatnot.
So before we start with the worksheet here, we will find a little bit about computers like the parts of a computer, types of computers, etc, and then test our knowledge with some questions.
1. What is a computer?
A computer is a complex machine that makes our lives easier by making difficult tasks simple for us. It also lets us play games, watch movies, and listen to music, among a whole lot of other things. It is difficult to imagine a life without computers because they are so useful to humans.
2. Name the three types of computers.
Ans: Desktop computer, Laptop computer, Tablet Computer
- Desktop computer – A desktop computer is a big form of computer and they require electricity to work. Desktop computers are generally fixed in one place because they have a lot of wires. Such computers are not commonly used in today’s day as laptops and tablets are more advanced versions of desktop computers.
- Laptop computer – A laptop computer is a small and more flexible computer than a desktop computer. A laptop computer runs on a battery that can be charged with a charger.
- Tablet Computer – A tablet computer is the smallest form of a computer machine and it does not have an external keyboard.
All 3 machines offer great features and help us with our daily activities.
3. Where can computers be used?
The functions of a computer are useful for people of all age groups, be it students like us, adults like our parents, or even elder adults like our grandparents. As such, computers can be seen almost everywhere. Some examples are at home where we use computers to watch movies, at a shop to simplify calculations, at banks to send emails, and at school to record attendance.
Parts of a computer
1. What are the parts of a computer?
We will learn the parts of a desktop computer. The main parts of a desktop computer are the monitor, CPU, keyboard, and mouse.
- First, let’s understand what a monitor is. A monitor is a screen that helps us navigate on a computer. The movies we see or the games we play are all displayed on the monitor.
- Then comes the CPU or the Central Processing Unit. Like the human brain runs our entire body, similarly, the CPU runs the entire computer machine.
- Further, a keyboard is a horizontal board that contains all the keys that get used to playing games. The keyboard lets us enter data into the computer and helps us navigate through it.
- Similar to a keyboard, a mouse is also used to navigate through the computer. It is also called a pointing device.
Apart from these main parts, there are also some additional parts that get used for different purposes. Like the printer, scanner, speakers, and microphones.
- A printer is a device that lets us print what we see on the monitor.
- A scanner is basically a device that does the opposite of a printer. It helps us replicate what we see on paper to our monitor.
- Then comes speakers and microphones. When we connect speakers to a computer, we are able to hear the audio that the computer makes. When we connect microphones to a computer, we can send our voice into the computer.
All these devices are categorized into 2 sections – input devices and output devices.
Input devices are devices that help us send data into the computer whereas output devices are devices that help us receive data from the computer. Why don’t you give some thought that which of the 7 devices are input and output devices!
Now that we know so much about computers and other types of computers, let’s look at some questions that will help us revise what we have learned and also learn something new!
2. Which part of a computer is known as the brain of the computer?
Ans: CPU is known as the brain of the computer.
3. Fill in the blanks:
1. Mouse is also known as a ____________________________________________.
2. Microphone is an _____________________ device.
3. ________________________ is an output device.
4. A _________________________ is used to do calculations in the computer.
5. _______________________ key is used to type capital letters.
6. Monitor is an _________________________ device.
1) Pointing device
5) Caps lock
4. Write the steps in the calculator used for adding 3 and 7
Step 1: Click on number _____________
Step 2: Click on _______________________________ button
Step 3: Click on number _____________
Step 4: Click on _______________________________ button
5. Handling a Mouse
1. Name the two types of scroll mouse. _____________________________________
2. List the four functions of mouse. ________________________________________
Label the given in the following figure:
6. Choose the correct answers from the hints given and write in front of the picture
1. Fill with color tool
2. Pencil tool
3. Oval tool
4. Eraser tool
5. Size tool
6. Line tool
7. Rectangle tool
8. Brush tool
9. Curve tool
10. Text tool
Answer in one word using the hints given in the box:
1. Which tool is used to fill color in an object?
2. Which tool is used to draw rectangles and squares?
3. Which tool is used to draw circles?
4. Which tool is used to draw lines?
5. Which tool is used to erase the drawing?
1. Fill with color tool
2. Oval tool
3. Eraser tool
4. Line tool
5. Rectangle tool
Read related Articles
Worksheet Lessons The Sentence
Prepare NCERT Class 2 Computer with our Animated Video lectures and Interactive Live Online Classes
Here at Takshila Learning, we provide School Online Classes from Preschool to Class 12 for all subjects. We provide the best online tuition classes for Class 10 and other classes that comprise Animated Video lectures and Online Live Classes that will help students to grasp concepts easily. We also provide Worksheets & Assignments, Doubt sessions, Free Encyclopedia, NCERT Solutionsfor Class 6 to 12, and Exam Guru to monitor your progress, i.e., subject-wise and topic-wise. So now Enjoy E-Learning with Takshila Learning.
Learning is fun now!
Subscribe to our social channel.
Enroll today & Get Free Demo Class!
Call at 8800999280 / 8800999283 / 8800999284 fill the form for any other details:
0 responses on "Computer Worksheet for Class 2 | Practice Questions for Kids"