CBSE & NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Geography Social Science
Dear Class 8 students, just think of our daily routine what we use to satisfy our needs? We use water, electricity, clothes, books, gadgets, utensils, and much more. What are these? These are Resources. In simple words, we can say ‘Anything that can be used to satisfy a need is called Resource’.
The human race itself is a valuable resource as with their ideas, knowledge, invention, and discoveries lead to the creation of more resources. Resources uses or utility gives a value. Some resources have economic value, whereas some do not have economic value. Eg: – A mobile has a net worth whereas a mother’s love is a resource, but it doesn’t have any value still it’s a resource.
We say that students of Class 8 are the resources to the school.
The important factors that can change anything into resource are time and technology. Human beings, according to their need use time and technology to transform things into resources.
Now, Let’s discuss ‘Types of Resources’
Types of Resources
Resources are generally classified into natural, human and man-made. Let’s discuss them one by one in details:-
- Natural Resources- Resources that are drawn from nature and used without much modification are called natural resources. Eg: – Air, water, minerals. They are further classified into different groups depending upon their level of development and use, origin, stock, and distribution.
On the basis of their development
- Actual Resources– Actual resources are those resources whose quantity are known, they are used in the present. Eg: – Dark soil of Deccan
- Potential resources-They are those resources whose entire quantity may not be known and are not used at present. Eg: -Uranium found in Ladakh
On the basis of origin
- Abiotic resources– Abiotic resources are non-living. Eg: -Soils, rocks, minerals
- Biotic resources– Biotic resources are living. Eg: -Plants and animals.
On the basis of distribution
- Ubiquitous resources-Resources that are found everywhere are called ubiquitous. Eg: -Air.
Human Made Resources
To make natural resources sometimes their original form has to be changed. Iron is a resource only if it is extracted.
Humans use natural resources to make human made resources.
People are human resources. Education and health help in making people a valuable resource.
Improving the quality of people’s skill so that they are able to create more resources is known as human resources development.
Careful use of resources and giving time to get renewed is called resource conservation. Balancing the need to use resources and also conserve them for the future is called sustainable development. Each person can contribute by reducing consumption, recycling and reusing them. Now the question arises how to conserve resources. Our duty to ensure that
- All uses of renewable resources are sustainable.
- The diversity of life on the earth is conserved.
- The damage to natural environment system is minimized.
Eg: -We should never waste water and never cut trees. We should also not waste electricity.
Get cbse class 8 social science video lectures here..
subscribe to our social channel.