CBSE & NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English Grammar Adjectives
This English Grammar Adjectives worksheet is for class 6 English, comprising adjectives and their types. It will help students in developing a better understanding of adjectives.
After completing this worksheet, students will be able to understand the following points:
- What is an adjective?
- What are the types of adjectives?
- What are descriptive adjectives?
- What are quantitative adjectives?
- What are demonstrative adjectives?
- What are possessive adjectives?
- What are interrogative adjectives?
What are adjectives?
Adjectives describe a noun or pronoun. It indicates the size, shape, duration, and quality of a noun.
What are the types of adjectives?
The types of adjectives are:
- Descriptive adjectives / Adjectives of Quality
- Quantitative adjectives / Adjectives of Number / Numeral Adjectives
- Demonstrative adjectives
- Possessive adjectives
- Interrogative adjectives
What are descriptive adjectives?
Descriptive adjectives are also known as qualitative adjectives. They describe nouns and pronouns.
Example 1 – Samay rides the car very fast.
Example 2 – Ram’s sister has really long hair.
What are quantitative adjectives / adjectives of number / numeral adjectives?
As the name suggests, quantitative adjectives talk about the number or quantity of nouns and pronouns.
Example 1 – Ram has ₹10 in his pocket.
Example 2 – Would you like some tea with your biscuits?
What are demonstrative adjectives?
They refer to or point to someone or something.
Example 1 – This is my house.
Example 2 – That road leads to Pune, Mumbai.
What are possessive adjectives?
They describe possession of something to someone or something.
Example 1 – My cycle is outside your house.
Example 2 – His dog is playing in the park.
What are interrogative adjectives?
Interrogative adjectives ask questions about the noun or pronoun.
Example 1 – Which country do you belong to?
Example 2 – What is your favorite TV show?
Now that we know all about Adjectives, let’s test our learning with some fun exercises!
I. Fill in the blanks using the words from the table below:
- She is looking __________ today.
- ___________ is he hiding?
- I have a __________ friend.
- I have ______ phone number.
- Utensil is as ______ as sun.
- Radha’s horse runs very _________.
- __________ kind of music do you like?
- __________ flowers are red in colour.
- Can I have ___ chocolates?
- She came from _______ village.
II. Identify the adjective in each sentence:
- Kavya is a talented dancer.
- Our cat is ill.
- These books are useless for me.
- I cannot give you 10 flowers.
- Parish is as quick as lightning.
Download printable grade 6 English worksheet
Prepositions and types of prepositions
Click here for CBSE Class 6 Science and Maths Classes.
Animated videos with lots of worksheets and activity games for CBSE Class 6 English are available for details, click English Class 6. Takshila learning is offering online, offline, and live classes for Class 1st to 12th. For details visit www.takshilalearning.com
Follow us on a Social media
Call @ 8800999280 / 8800999283 / 8800999284 or fill the form for any other details:
Tag- Adjective class 6 exercise; types of adjectives for class 6; adjective definition for class 6; adjective definition; English grammar class 6; English Grammar Adjectives; worksheet for grade 6
Thank you for this Website… I used to be a backbencher… But now I’m doing top in the class.. Thank you for creating this website