Chemistry Projects For Class 11 Cbse & Free Chemistry Practicals
Experiments – Chemistry Projects For Class 11 cbse
Chemistry Projects For Class 11 : Micro-chemical methods are available for several of the practical experiments. Wherever possible such techniques should be used.
A. Basic Laboratory Techniques
1. Cutting glass tube and glass rod
2. Bending a glass tube
3. Drawing out a glass jet
B. Characterization and Purification of Chemical Substance.
i. Determination of melting point of an organic compound.
ii. Determination of boiling point of an organic compound.
iii. Crystallization involving impure sample of any one of the following:
Alum, copper sulphate, Benzoic acid.
C. Experiments Related to pH Change
(a) Any one of the following experiments:
• Determination of pH of some solutions obtained from fruit juices, solutions of known and
varied concentrations of acids, bases and salts using pH paper or universal indicator.
• Comparing the pH of solutions of strong and weak acid of same concentration.
• Study the pH change in the titration of a strong acid with a strong base using universal indicator.
( b) Study of pH change by common-ion effect in case of weak acids and weak bases.
D. Chemical Equilibrium
One of the following experiments:
(a) Study the shift in equilibrium between ferric ions and thiocynate ions by increasing /decreasing
the concentration of either of the ions.
(b) Study the shift in equilibrium between [Co (H2O)6]2+and chloride ions by changing the concentration
of either of the ions .
E. Quantitative Estimation
• Using a chemical balance.
• Preparation of standard solution of oxalic acid.
• Determination of strength of a given solution of sodium hydroxide by titrating it against standard solution of oxalic acid.
• Preparation of standard solution of sodium carbonate.
Determination of strength of a given solution of hydrochloric acid by titrating it against standard
sodium carbonate solution.
F. Qualitative Analysis
(a) Determination of one anion and one cation in a given salt.
Cations – Pb2+,Cu2+,As3+,Al3+,Fe3+,Mn2+,Ni2+,Zn2+,Co2+,Ca2+,Sr2+,Ba2+,Mg2+,NH4+
Anions – CO2-3,S2-,SO2-3,SO2-4,NO–2,NO–3,Cl–, Br–, I–,PO3-4,C2O2-4,CH3COO–
(Note : Insoluble salts excluded)
(b) Detection of nitrogen, sulphur, chlorine, in organic compounds.
Project – Chemistry Projects For Class 11 Cbse
Scientific investigations involving laboratory testing and collecting information from other sources.
A few suggested projects
• Checking the bacterial contamination in drinking water by testing sulphide ions.
• Study of the methods of purification of water.
• Testing the hardness, presence of iron, fluoride, chloride etc. depending upon the regional variation
in drinking water and the study of causes of presences of these ions above permissible limit (if
• Investigation of the foaming capacity of different washing soaps and the effect of addition of
sodium carbonate on them.
• Study of the acidity of different samples of the tea leaves.
• Determination of the rate of evaporation of different liquids.
• Study of the effect of acids and bases on the tensile strength of fibers.
• Analysis of fruit and vegetable juices for their acidity.
Note: Any other investigatory project, which involves about 10 periods of work, can be chosen with
the approval of the teacher.
If you are also looking for class 11 Chemistry , Physics , Biology , Maths & other subjects available on Takshila Learning with best faculty support.
Subscribe to our social channel.
0 responses on "Chemistry Projects For Class 11 Cbse & Free Chemistry Practicals"