NCERT Class 7 Social Science (History) | Chapter 6 – Towns, Traders And Craft-persons
One of the most interesting parts of the medieval period in the 17th century is the growth of the urbanization.
In many parts of the nations, Arabs, Turkish and Afghans settled and lead to the development of the towns and cities.
Sources of knowledge about the history of this period
The source of history is the traveler’s account.
The life and history of this period were found in the writings of Monserrate, Flitch, Thomas Roe, Domingo Paes, Nicolo Conti, and Abdul Razzaq.
Court and towns
Important court towns were
FatehpurSikri was the new capital which was established by Akbar. and Delhi was known by Shahajahanabad and was built by Shah Jahan in 1969.
Ports and trading towns
Some towns were developed as ports due to their proximity to the seashore. The major ports were Cambay, Surat, Broach, Masulipatnam, and Nagapattinam.
Some towns were capital cities which were the center of administration. The important centers were Thanjavur and Uraiyur.
Temple towns and Pilgrimage Centres
The important centers of urbanization were temples and towns which led to the development of cities, economy, and society.
Pilgrims have huge donations to temples. This wealth was used by temples to finance their trading and banking. Some important towns were Somnath, Madurai, Triputi, Vrindavan, Ajmer, etc.
Lost wax’ technique
Lost wax technique was used to make Chola bronze statues. This technique involved several stages :
- First of all an image was made of wax. This was covered with clay and left in sun to dry.
- It was then heated and a small hole was made in the clay cover. The molten wax was drained out through this hole.
- Then molten wax was poured into the clay mould through the hole. Once the metal cooled and solidified, the clay cover was carefully removed and the image was cleaned and polished.
The emergence of small towns
Small towns emerged in India from the 8th century. Towns have emerged from large villages. They have mandapikka where villagers sell their produce. There were markets called hatta where there were shops. In these markets, many villagers come and trade their products like saffron, salt, spices etc.
Name of trader
Many traders existed and they traveled in caravans by forming guilds. Trade was done on regular basis within peninsula and with Southeast Asia and China. Some other traders are Bnaiyas, Banjaras, Marwari etc.
Click here, NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Social Science
For a complete explanation of the chapter through animated videos, click Class 7 Social science TOWNS, TRADERS, & CRAFTPERSONS
For more notes click below ..
Rocks and Minerals | Inside Our Earth
Follow us on a Social media
Call us: 8800999280/8800999284 or fill the form for any other details:
Tag: Temple towns and Pilgrimage Centres, Administrative towns,
Ports and trading towns, Name of trader, Class 7 Social Science
Fill the form for Free Demo Class!!
Currently, we are providing classes for CBSE, ICSE, and International Board only.
- Accounts (4)
- Banking PO/CLERK Exams (576)
- CA (94)
- CA Foundation (44)
- CA inter (29)
- CA Final (25)
- Career Counselling (10)
- CBSE Class (823)
- cbse class 1 (11)
- cbse class 10 (131)
- cbse class 11 (119)
- cbse class 12 (179)
- cbse class 2 (37)
- cbse class 3 (43)
- cbse class 4 (49)
- cbse class 5 (42)
- cbse class 6 (77)
- cbse class 7 (80)
- cbse class 8 (90)
- cbse class 9 (116)
- Essay – Short and Long Essay for Students (23)
- cbse class 11 classes (3)
- Class 12 Business Studies Sample Paper (10)
- CMA (54)
- Cma Final (12)
- CMA Foundation (21)
- CMA Inter (16)
- Company Secretary (218)
- CS Executive (88)
- CS Foundation (34)
- cs preparation (3)
- CS Professional (49)
- CSEET (Company Secretary Entrance Exam) (31)
- Competitive Exam Preparation (8)
- Current Affairs for bank exams (1)
- day celebration (82)
- Earn Money Online (1)
- General (Tips, facts, education, science related) (78)
- GS Quiz For IBPS CLERK , SBI PO, IBPS PO, SBI CLERK, SSC, RRB, DMRC, IR (34)
- IBPS CLERK 2017 (1)
- IBPS Exam Schedule (3)
- IBPS PO 2017 (1)
- Indian Festivals and Important date -Short Essay (68)
- Investing (2)
- Job Notification (14)
- News (2)
- Nursery Class (UKG and LKG Class) (16)
- Online Digital Marketing Course (61)
- Professionals Courses (3)
- Python Course (6)
- Sample Paper (6)
- SSC Preparation (18)
- Uncategorized (2)
- Why Takshila online Classes (31)
- Worksheets (153)
0 responses on "Chapter 6 - Towns, Traders And Craft-persons |NCERT Class 7 Social Science (History)"