NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English Grammar Prepositions
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English: Looking for practice for English, Science, and Maths. Takshila Learning offers online CBSE Class 6, study material, animated videos, and much more. All subjects are available in English and Hindi Language. Select any of Class 1 to 12 to start an engaging and easy-to-follow exercise. Enhance your knowledge with Takshila Learning.
Let’s discuss prepositions and types of prepositions
Class 6 English – Prepositions
A Preposition is one of the essential parts of the speech of Grammar. It is essential while making a sentence as it provides necessary and additional details. Prepositions define direction, time, location and spatial relationships. Prepositions are words, giving information to the readers such as general descriptive information, when something takes place, where something takes place, why something takes place, etc.
Types of prepositions
Prepositions of directions
Prepositions of time
Prepositions of Place/Location
Prepositions of agents
Prepositions of Instruments, devices, or machines
- Preposition of Time – refers to time on various aspects like at, on, and in.
In – months or years, a particular time of a day, month or a year, a specific time in the past or future.
On – A day, dates, particular days.
At – Time of a clock or short and precise time.
- Preposition of Places – used for several types of places like on, at, in.
Here, ‘In’ is used for a place having some sort of physical and virtual boundary.
‘On’ is used for a surface.
‘At’ is used for a specific place.
For more examples and practice sheets, click 6 Class English.
- Preposition of direction – express the direction of something like to, into, towards.
To – They are going to school.
Into – He threw the ball into the river
Towards – The bus was coming towards us.
- Prepositions for Agent – used to express a causal relationship between nouns and action like by, with.
A nice dress is designed by my mother.
My kids have gone shopping with their grandmother.
Prepositions for devices, machines or instruments – used for joining nouns to other words in the sentence. Like on, by, with the help of.
He went to school by bus.
She watered plants with the help of a water-pipe.
Watch animated videos and learn, click online CBSE Class 6 English
- Prepositional phrases – are groups of words having prepositions indicating relationships among various elements in the sentence. Some of the phrase prepositions are according to, due to, with reference to,in spite of, an account of, in front of, in order to, for the sake of, by means of, in addition to, etc.
- I returned home due to a condolence in college.
- According to me, there were three mango trees in the garden.
- I work hard in order to maintain my position in the class.
Class 6 English for more topics of English grammar.
Types of Conjunctions
It is a word which expresses some sudden feeling such as Wow! Hi! Oh My God!
Example: Hurrah! We have won the game.
Wow! It’s a beautiful place.
Note: The word Hurrah and Wow express some sudden feeling and hence they are Interjections. They are mostly followed by an exclamatory mark.
Register with Takshila Learning for online classes for Class 1 to 12, NCERT solutions, worksheets for Class 1 to 5 for English, Hindi, Science, Maths, EVS, Computers.
Follow us on a Social media
Call us: 8800999280/8800999284 or fill the form for any other details: