CBSE Class 5 Science Artificial satellites Nature, Environment and the Universe
In CBSE class 5 Science Earth, Sun and Moon we already know about facts of the Sun, Moon, Earth, Artifical satellites, space travel, solar and lunar eclipses. In this post, facts about Artificial satellites are discussed.
Let us start, Artificial Satallites are man made objects that orbits the earth or any other planet. They are launched into space with the help of Rockets. Once the satellite has been launched, the job of a rocket is over.
Purpose of Artificial satellites:
Satellites are generally used for the following purposes:
- Surveying earth’s surface.
- Weather forecasting – Weather satellites take pictures of the movements of clouds and are used to forecast weather. They are also helpful in predicting natural calamities such as cyclones, floods, and hurricanes.
- Communication – Communication satellites are used for Radio, television, phone and internet transmission.
- Navigation – Navigation satellites are used to provide accurate location information. The global positioning (GPS) is made up of a network of 24 satellites. It can be used to find out the exact location of a GPS receiver anywhere on the earth.
- Scientific research – some satellites are used for scientific research and collection of information about space and other celestial bodies.
The data collected from satellites is analysed in ground stations on the earth. The first artificial satellite “Sputnik 1” was launched by Russia in 1957. Many other countries, including India, have now sent satellites into space. Aryabhatta was India’s first satellite launched in 1979. Since then, India has launched many other satellites such as Bhaskara –I, II, APPLE, INSAT series, IRS series, CARTOSAT series, GSAT series, Rohini, SARAL and IRNSS, MOM.
Takshilalearning provides the well structured chapters and concepts, animated videos interspersed with interesting information and questions make learning effortless for CBSE class 5 Science and other classes too. Together with the activities which instill the spirit of experimentation, the detailed coverage of topics and a variety of quizzes and simulation exercises lend the balance between the videos lectures and practical aspects of science.
Learn more articles…
Subscribe to our social channel.