NCERT & CBSE Class 2 EVS Our Earth & Study material and Worksheet
In CBSE class 2 EVS OUR Earth is introduced as a new topic. Kids are curious to know about our Earth, landforms, water bodies, and much more. CBSE class 2 video classes– All About Our Earth – helps to understand better with animated videos.
As Introduction of Earth (CBSE Class 2 EVS) kids must know how beautiful our Earth is? We called it Mother. Earth is our Home, we need to take care of it. Our Earth looks like a big Bluish Green Ball. About two-third of the Earth is covered with water that blue in colour. The Remaining green colour area represents the different types of landforms on the earth like hills, mountains, plains, valleys, plateaus, etc.
A Landform is a natural formation of dirt and rock, found on Earth. It can be as large as a mountain or as small as a hill. It can be as small as a pond or as large as a continent.
Following are the Landforms found on Earth:
Name of Landforms
- Plain – A plain is a wide, flat piece of land. Small and big cities are located on the plains. This is because it is easier to build houses, buildings, roads, and other structures in the plains.
- Valley – A valley is the low-lying area between hills or mountains. When rivers flow down the hillsides and mountainsides, it wears off the soil and rocks. Over a period of time, the water carves out v- shaped grooves. These grooves get deeper and wider, finally forming lowland areas called valleys.
- Hill – A hill is a land that is shorter and rounder than mountains. But are higher than their surrounding areas. A number of hills together are called ‘range of hills’. Hills are generally covered with grass.
- Mountains – Mountains are very high hills. The mountain is the highest landform on the earth. Generally, it is found to be conical in shape with steep sides and a pointed tip that is called its peak. Mountains are high points on the surface of the earth. Mountains could be steep and gently sloping having rounded tops or might be covered with snow. The highest mountain range in the world is the Himalayas.
- Plateau – A Plateau is the Highland which is flat on top with steep sides. It looks like a table, so it is also called a tableland. Plateaus are generally surrounded by steep rock faces called cliffs.
Different forms of water bodies exist on earth. Here are some of the water bodies discussed below.
- Lake – A lake is a body of water surrounded on all sides by land and is not part of an ocean. Lakes are still bodies of water as compared to a river where the water flows. Lakes can contain either salt or freshwater. They are larger than Ponds.
- Stream – A Stream is a small river. It is a natural flow of water moving across the country between banks.
- River – A river is the flowing water over the land. A River usually ends up in the ocean or sea. They are freshwater bodies which originate from mountainous areas or elevated areas.
- Sea – A sea is also big water bodies but is smaller than the ocean. Sea is partly enclosed by a land mass and open into the ocean. We see many seas connecting to the oceans.
- Ocean – The oceans are big and deep bodies of water. Generally, it is the oceans that separate continents with one another. The oceans are bodies of salt water.
The water that we use for our daily needs is freshwater.
Man-made changes on Earth
The man has built canals, factories, bridges, dams, roads, buildings, etc. for his comfort and utility. We have houses to live in, offices to work in, roads, and bridges for travel.
All the changes made by man have caused harm to the earth. So, we should protect our earth as it is our home. We must keep our earth clean.
Class 2 EVS Worksheet: Clothes
Learn more about Earth and other topics of “CBSE Class 2 EVS” with our educational Website for Kids. We also offer Online CBSE Class 2 Maths, English, Hindi, GK, Computers classes in audio-visual animated lectures, Worksheets, and Activity games for a better understanding of the concept.
Click for worksheets for class 2
Subscribe to our social channel.
Call at 8800999280 / 8800999283 / 8800999284 fill the form for any other details:
Tag – Our Earth Class 2; Landforms on Earth; Name of Landforms; what are the 10 landforms; Examples of landforms; Different types of landforms with Pictures
0 responses on "NCERT & CBSE Class 2 EVS Our Earth & Study Material and Worksheet"