Pronouns Worksheet For Class 2 CBSE & NCERT
This English grammar exercise for second graders focuses on pronouns. It will help students better understand pronouns and how they can use them in their daily language.
The completion of this worksheet will make students grasp the following:
- Explain pronouns with an example.
- List four types of pronouns.
- Why do we use pronouns?
1. Explain pronouns with an example.
Ans. Words that get used as a replacement for nouns (noun phrases) are referred to as pronouns. Pronouns can relate to a noun that has previously been mentioned or to a noun that is implicitly understood.
The most common pronouns are personal pronouns, which relate to the speaker or writers (in the first person), the listener or viewers (in the second person), or other individuals or objects (third person). Personal pronouns can serve as the subject or the object of a verb or preposition, much like nouns.
For example, Nityam loves Aisha – This sentence includes two proper nouns, i.e., Nityam and Aisha. Now we will replace the proper nouns with personal nouns. He loves her – In this case, ‘he’ replaced ‘Nityam’ and ‘she’ replaced ‘Aisha.’
2. List four types of pronouns.
Ans. Four types of pronouns are
- Subject pronouns
- Object pronouns
- Possessive pronouns
- Demonstrative pronouns
3. Why do we use pronouns?
Ans. Uses of Pronouns : Pronouns help us clarify, make phrases less cumbersome, and talk with smooth sentences. They omit the repetition of proper nouns enabling smooth and fluent speech. However, pronouns must fit the noun’s number, point of view, and gender, and they often relate to a noun used in the phrase.
Now that we understand how pronouns should get used in a sentence, let us answer some quick questions.
1. Write the correct pronoun from these sentences.
- They were using a pencil.
- She likes to swim.
- I like to learn about India.
- He is a policeman.
- They are dancing.
- We are professionals.
- Her name is Radhika.
- It is made of Aluminum.
- She takes rice for lunch.
- They are wealthy.
- She ate pasta.
- I walked home.
2. Fill in the blanks using the following pronouns below –
____ are reading.
____ is thinking.
____ are studying.
____ is running.
____ is teaching.
Download Pronoun Worksheet For Class 2 With Answers – PDF
Pronoun Worksheet for Class 2 – Pronouns: Use of I, We, You, He, She, It, They
Pronouns definition – Words that are used in the place of nouns are called pronouns. ‘Pro’ means ‘for’. We use pronouns to avoid repeating nouns.
Fill in the blanks with correct words in the brackets.
- …….is very happy. …. won the prize. (I, You, He)
- ……am waiting for the train. ( I, You, He)
- Ankit went to a shop. …….bought candies and chocolates for her brother. (I, We, She, He)
- Show me the book……is very interesting. (She, He, It, They)
- Mona and Sona are friends. ….. Play together. (She, He, They, We)
- Meena is kind to the poor. …….Love her a lot. (They, He, She)
- ………reads to his grandmother every day. (She, He, You, We)
- Children! …… should not make a noise when …….am teaching. (I, You, He, We)
- Pinky is a doctor. ………..is very famous.
- There is a park near our house. …….has many swings and rides. (She, He, It, They)
Download Worksheet for Class 2 English
For more free Worksheets for Class 2 English click below..
Watch, understand, and learn concepts of English grammar, Class 2 English worksheet, Maths, EVS, Hindi with CBSE Class 2 Video classes.
Class 3 and 4 worksheets are also available at Takshila Learning.
Worksheets are designed on the CBSE exam pattern. It helps your ward in learning. Takshila Learning motive is to help children in their studies, so they can understand, learn and score good marks in exams. We have introduced live classes along with animated courses. Children will learn through videos and discuss with teachers through live sessions. Join online tuition classes for class 2 all subjects,
Follow us on a Social media
Call at 8800999280 / 8800999283 / 8800999284 fill the form for any other details:
Keywords : CBSE Class 2 English Use of Pronouns Practice Worksheet / Class 2 English Use of Pronouns / Use of Pronouns Practice Worksheet / Use of Pronouns / Pronouns questions for class 2 / fill in the blanks with pronouns for class 2 / pronoun worksheet for class 2 / pronoun for class 2/ pronoun exercise for class 2
0 responses on "Class 2 English - Use of Pronouns Worksheet & Pronoun Definition For Class 2"