CA Intermediate 2021- 2022 – FAQs
The ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India) is a national professional body that works towards the development of the chartered accountancy (CA) profession and regulates CA exams in India. The Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 of the Parliament established the ICAI.
ICAI offers the CA intermediate course or CA inter, which is the 2nd stage of the 3-level ICAI Chartered Accountancy exam.
It consists of two groups of 4 subjects each. A student can register for the ICAI CA Intermediate course after clearing the CA Foundation exam (The first level of the exam). For FAQs regarding the CA Foundation exam, refer to https://www.takshilalearning.com/ca-foundation-faqs/
About Chartered Accountancy / What is CA course?
Chartered accountancy is a professional qualification in the accounting/financing industry wherein a CA is expected to work towards the management of finances for an entity. This includes managing financial accounts, budgeting, auditing, business strategy, and taxation.
Levels of CA
The CA course requires students to pass 3 levels, namely –
CA Foundation – Entry-level test for the CA course that is conducted twice a year in May & November, formerly called the Common Proficiency Test (CPT)
CA Inter/IPCC – Second examination which can be taken up after clearing the CA Foundation exam.
CA Final – The final level exam after clearing the CA Inter exam and required training.
What are the job opportunities after completing CA?
Job prospects for CAs
CAs in India are in huge demand since most jobs in the Indian finance sector require CA as a professional qualification. Some areas which can be explored by CAs are –
- Banks (Both private and public)
- Public Limited Companies (mandatory for the purpose of law)
- Auditing Firms (such as KPMG, Price Waterhouse, etc.)
- Finance Companies, Mutual Funds, Portfolio Management Companies, Investment Houses, Stock Broking Firms
- Legal firms, Legal houses, Patent Firms, attorneys, Trade Mark, and Copyright Registers
What is CA Intermediate?
CA Inter or the CA Intermediate exam is the second level of the CA Examination Course after the CA Foundation. It’s the primary stage within the CA Course to supply a candidate with in-depth knowledge of the varied aspects of Finance and Accounting.
How to register for CA Intermediate?
Candidates can register for the exam by following the steps below –
- Login to the ICAI Self Service Portal at https://eservices.icai.org/.
- Use CA Foundation/Direct entry route for registering for the CA intermediate exam.
- Update your details
- Pay the specified fees using a web payment method.
What are the documents needed for CA Intermediate registration?
Now, we will learn about the documents needed by a student during the process of registration:
- A student choosing the CA foundation path should submit an attested copy of their 10+2 mark sheet and a replica of the CA foundation main test paper.
- If a student opts for the direct entry method, they must submit attested copies of their graduation certificates and post-graduation certificates.
- Students who graduated from the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or who graduated from the Institute of Cost Accountants of India must provide the relevant mark sheet that must be attested.
- A recent colour photograph.
- Proof of nationality and identity (Aadhar Card for e.g.). An attested copy will suffice.
- Proof of special categories like SC/ST/BC or disabled. An attested copy or an equivalent.
How many subjects are there in CA Intermediate?
CA Intermediate subjects: There are 8 subjects in CA Intermediate which are categorized into 2 groups of 4 subjects each which are as follows:
- Group 1: Accounting, Cost and Management Accounting, Corporate and Other Laws and Taxation
- Group 2: Advanced Accounting, Enterprise Information Systems, and Strategic Management, Auditing and Assurance, Financial Management, Economics for Finance.
Is CA Intermediate tough?
Like other competitive exams, CA Intermediate also requires hard work, smart work, proper time management, effective strategy and several revisions. If a student can manage these pointers well, it wouldn’t be hard to ace the exam.
What is the eligibility for CA Inter?
For the intermediate course, the registration can be done in the following two ways:
- Through CA Foundation Course: Candidates who score at least 50% marks in the CA Foundation Examination.
- Through Direct Entry Route: The following candidates are allowed to directly register for the CA Intermediate course:
- A Commerce graduate/ Post-Graduate (with minimum 55% marks) or other Graduate/ Post-Graduate (with minimum 60% marks)
- A candidate qualifies for the Intermediate level exam
What is the next step after CA Intermediate?
After qualifying for the CA Intermediate examination, candidates have to undergo practical training/articleship for three years. Post their articleship, they become eligible to take the CA Final exams.
Which group is to be written first?
ICAI provides students with the flexibility of appearing for either group per their preference. Students can choose the group for which they want to appear first depending on the preparation and confidence for the exams. It depends completely on the students.
For how many hours should I study every day to clear CA Inter?
An average student should form a study plan for 3 months with 7-8 hours of studying on a daily basis. The main goal is to take up enough time for practising and appearing for mock exams.
Does ICAI conduct any classes for students appearing for the CA Intermediate level?
Yes, students may regularly visit Institute’s BOS Knowledge Portal for announcements in this regard.
Is ICAI CA intermediate study material sufficient?
Can I get a good score using the study material of ICAI?
Yes. However, it will be helpful to attempt mock test series regularly and practise using previous years’ tests to know the pattern of exams.
Takshila Learning the right material in place for all the exams and the aspirants can be relieved of any worries regarding the same. CA Inter Exam 2022 and the subject material for the same has been dealt by Takshila Learning very nicely as they have the current updates, mock tests and the solved papers too for the ease of the aspirants. They make tireless efforts for helping in every exam of the aspirants. Get CA Inter Online Classes at Takshila Learning.
Call at 8800999280 / 8800999283 / 8800999284 fill the form for any other details:
Important Tags : CA Intermediate subjects, ca intermediate registration, ca intermediate, ca intermediate FAQs, ca intermediate FAQ, ca inter FAQs, ca inter
0 responses on "CA Intermediate Registration 2021- 2022 - FAQs"