CA Foundation 2022 Details – Registration, Important Dates, Syllabus
CA foundation 2022 Details
The CA Foundation Exam is the entry-level examination for the Chartered Accountancy (CA) course offered by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). The CA Foundation exam replaced the former Common Proficiency Test (CPT). As such, students interested in the Accounting profession widely appear for the CA Foundation Exam.
We will discuss the details for the CA Foundation 2022 exam in this blog.
Important Dates for the CA Foundation in 2022
The CA Foundation exam gets conducted twice every year – May/June & November/December.
Some details for both of these attempts are yet to get disclosed. As such, we will go through the important dates that have been disclosed by the ICAI so far.
|May/June 2022 Attempt||November/December 2022 Attempt|
|Beginning of online applications||On-Going||2nd January 2022|
|Last Date to submit online applications (Without late fee)||1st January 2022||1st July 2022|
|Last Date to submit online applications (With late fee of INR 600)||2nd week of May 2022||To be disclosed|
|Exam Date||To be disclosed||To be disclosed|
Exemptions for CA Foundation 2022 – What is the Direct Entry Route for CA Foundation?
The ICAI permits some candidates to take the CA Intermediate Exam directly via the Direct Entry Route in case they meet any one of the following criteria –
- Candidates who have completed a graduate or post-graduation degree programme in commerce or its equivalent from a recognised university with a minimum of 55% marks.
- Candidates who are graduates or post-graduates in any stream with at least 60%.
- Candidates who have earned a CS executive-level certification from the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI).
- Candidates who have passed the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICMAI) CMA intermediate level exam.
CA Foundation 2022 Fees Structure
The ICAI portal accepts online payments via Net banking/debit card/RUPAY card/VISA or MASTER or MAESTRO credit card/BHIM UPI.
As soon as the payment is successful, the system automatically generates a form along with a successful transaction message.
|Particular||For Indian Nationals||For Foreign Nationals|
|CA Foundation Prospectus||Rs. 200||$20|
|CA Foundation Registration Fee||Rs. 9000||$700|
|One year subscription to Student’s journal (optional)||Rs. 200||$20|
|One year subscription of Member’s journal (optional)||Rs. 400||$40|
2022 CA Foundation Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for the CA Foundation 2022 exam is shown below.
Mode of Exam – Online Computer Based
Exam Papers, Types & Duration
|Exam||Subject||Duration||Paper Type||Negative Marking|
|Paper 1||Principles and Practice of Accounting||3 hours||Subjective||No negative marking|
|Paper 2||Business Laws and Business Correspondence and Reporting||3 hours||Subjective||No negative marking|
|Paper 3||Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning and Statistics||2 hours||Objective||1/4th mark deducted for every incorrect answer|
|Paper 4||Business Economics and Business and Commercial Knowledge||2 hours||Objective||1/4th mark deducted for every incorrect answer|
CA Foundation 2022 Syllabus
The CA Foundation 2022 syllabus is listed below by subject –
Paper 1 – Principle and Practice of Accounting
- Theoretical Framework
- Accounting Process
- Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Concept and Accounting of Depreciation
- Accounting for Special Transactions
- Final Accounts of Sole Proprietors
- Partnership Accounts
- Financial Statements of Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Introduction to Company Accounts
Paper 2 – Business Laws and Business Correspondence and Reporting
Section A – Business Law
- The Indian Contract Act, 1872
- The Sale of Goods Act, 1930
- The Indian Partnership Act, 1932
- The Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008
- The Companies Act, 2013
SECTION B: Business Correspondence and Reporting
- Sentence Types (Direct-Indirect, Active -Passive Speech)
- Vocabulary Root Words, Synonyms, Antonyms, Prefixes, Suffixes), Phrasal verbs, Collocations and Idioms.
- Comprehension Passages
- Note Making
- Introduction to Basic Writing
- Précis Writing
- Article Writing
- Report Writing
- Writing Formal Letters
- Writing Formal Mails
- Resume Writing
Paper 3 – Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning and Statistics
Section A: Business Mathematics
- Ratio and Proportion, Indices and Logarithms
- Equations and Matrices
- Linear Inequalities with Objective Functions and Optimization w.r.t. Objective function.
- Time value of Money
- Permutations and Combinations
- Sequence and Series
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Basic applications of Differential and Integral calculus
Section B: Logical Reasoning
- Number Series, Coding and Decoding and the odd man out.
- Direction Tests
- Seating Arrangements
- Blood Relations
Section C: Statistics
- The statistical description of Data
- Measures of Central tendency and Dispersion
- Theoretical Distributions
- Correlation and Regression
- Index Numbers and Time Series
Paper 4 – Business Economics and Business and Commercial Knowledge
Section A: Business Economics
- Introduction to Business Economics
- Theory of Demand and Supply
- Theory of Production and Cost
- Price Determination in Different Markets
- Business Cycles
Section B: Business and Commercial Knowledge
- Business and Commercial Knowledge – An Introduction
- Business Environment
- Business Organizations
- Government Policies for Business Growth
- Organizations Facilitating Business
- Common Business Terminologies
Keep coming back to our website to know about further updates for the CA Foundation exam.
Click on this link to know more about the CA course.
Click on this link to know more about the career opportunities post pursuing CA.
8 Tips Crack the CA Foundation
Prepare now for CA Foundation Exams with our CA Foundation Coaching online classes right from your home.
Here, at Takshila Learning, we offer CA Foundation, CA Inter, and CA Final Video Lectures and CA Foundation Pen drive Classes with CA Foundation Study Material to help you in CA Foundation Exam Preparation.
Subscribe to our social channel.
Call at 08045681010 / 8800999284 fill the form for any other details:
Tag – ca foundation registration; ca foundation syllabus; ca foundation exam date; ca foundation registration fees; ca foundation classes; ca foundation online applications date
0 responses on "CA Foundation 2022 Details - Registration, Important Dates, Syllabus"