CENSUS OF INDIA General Awareness for Banking Exams
Banking Online Classes: Census is a process of collecting, compiling, analyzing & evaluating statistical data regarding the population. It mainly collects the demographic, social & economic data. It helps the government in the formulation of policies & plans according to the population of various states across the country. Census has been conducted 15 times as of 2011 in India. It is conducted after every 10 years.
Questions related to Census is commonly seen in banking exams & thus it is an important topic that you should go through in detail. We at Takshila Learning have compiled the major highlights of the 15th census that was conducted in 2011.
Highlights of 15th Census of India:
- India’s 1st Census was conducted in 1872.
- 2011 Census was the 15th Census of India & 7th Census after Independence.
- The slogan of 15th Census – “ Our Census, Our Future”
- It was released on 31st March 2011 in New Delhi by Union Home Secretary GK Pillai & RGI C Chandramouli.
- Total number of districts – 640
- Total Population of India as on 2011 – 19million of which 623.7 million (51.54%) are males & 586.46 million (48.46 %) are females.
- The population of India has increased by more than 181 million during the decade 2001-2011.
- Population Growth Rate (2001- 2011) – 64%
- India is the 2nd most populous country with 5% of the world’s population (1st is China with 19%of world’s population).
- Most Populous State – Uttar Pradesh
- Second Most Populous State – Maharashtra
- Least Populous State –Sikkim
- Least Populous UT –Lakshadweep
- Highest Populous District – Thane (Mumbai)
Learn how to solve quantitative aptitude, click online bank coaching videos
- Literacy Rate in India – 74%
- Literacy of Males- 14%
- Literacy of Females- 46%
- Most Literate State – Kerala
- Least Literate State –Bihar
- Most literate union territory – Lakshadweep
- Least literate Union Territory – Dadra Nagar & Haweli
- Most Literate District – Serechhip (Mizoram)
- Least Literate District – Dadra Naga & Haveli
- The density of Population in India – 382 sq km
- Highest Density of Population – Bihar (1102 sq km)
- Lowest Density of Population – Arunachal Pradesh (17 sq km)
- Highest fertility Rate – Meghalaya
- National Sex Ratio (Females per 1000 Males – 940:1000)
- Highest sex ratio in the state – Kerala (1084)
- Lowest sex ratio in state –Haryana
- Lowest sex ratio in UT – Daman & Diu
- Highest sex ratio in UT –Puducherry
- 100% Literacy District – Palakkad (Kerala)
- 100% Banking State – Kerala
- 100% Banking District – Palakkad (Kerala)
Practice English and Reasoning with online test series for bank PO.
Learn List of National Parks in India for Banking & General Awareness here..
For more Static & General Awareness articles, online classes for bank PO preparation, online banking live classes, job alerts, and online test series for IBPS, SBI PO & Clerk, enroll in Takshila Learning.
Be the part of Takshila Learning Today & feel the difference…!
- Digital Video classes by our experienced faculties
- Daily Topic-wise articles on all the subjects
- Doubt Clearing Sessions are regularly conducted
- Special attention to English and quantitative aptitude.
- Quizzes and mock test papers on all subjects
- Online Test Series
- Job Alerts
Follow us on a Social media