Average Solutions & Questions For IBPS, SBI and Other Bank Exams
Join our online banking classes designed specifically keeping in mind the latest pattern of question papers. We provide exceptional features to students that distinguish us from the rest of the websites and institutes. We have the best of everything assembled together to deliver the best results. You can also join our online test series for bank PO to enhance your chances of cracking any banking exam.
- Average= Sum of observations / Number of observations.
- Suppose a person covers a certain distance at a speed of x kmph and an equal distance at a speed of y kmph, then the average speed during the whole journey is given by (2xy/x+y) kmph.
- Average is also called the “mean” or mean value of all the values.
- If the value of each term is increased by the same value ‘x’, then the average of the terms will also increase by ‘x’.
- If the value of each term is decreased by the same value ‘x’, then the average of the terms will also decrease by ‘x’.
- If the value of each term is multiplied by the same value ‘x’, then the average of the terms will also get multiplied by ‘x’.
- If the value of each term is divided by the same value ‘x’, then the average of the terms will also get divided by ‘x’.
- The average of a group of terms will always lie between the smallest value in the group & largest value in the group.
Let us understand the concept of Average with the help of some examples:
Eg: Find the average of all these numbers i.e. 2, 8, 14, 20, 26.
Sol: 2, 8, 14, 20, 26.
As the difference of these numbers is 6, then the average of these numbers will be the middle one i.e. 14.
So, the answer is 14.
Eg: Find the average of all these numbers i.e. 2, 8, 14, 20, 26, 32.
Sol: Here also the difference between the numbers is 6.
Then middle numbers 14, 20 take average of these two numbers 14+20/2= 17
So, the average of these numbers is 17.
So, the answer is 17.
For practice sets on Average & more, click on SBI PO exam preparation
Eg: The average mark of Aman in 4 tests is 40. If he got 80 marks in the 5th Exam then what is his new average.
Then average marks = 240/5=48.
So, the answer is 48.
Eg: The average weight of a class of 30 students is 20 kgs &if the teacher weight is also included then the average weight increases by 2 kgs, then find the weight of the teacher?
Sol: 30 students average weight is 20 kgs.
So, when the teacher’s weight is added, the average increases by 2 kgs
So total 31 persons, therefore 31*2=62.
Now add the average weight of all student to it, we get teacher’s weight i.e., 62+20 = 82 kgs.
So, the answer is 82 kgs.
Eg: The average price of 10 calculators is increased by 17 Rupees when one of them whose cost is Rs.400 is replaced by a new calculator. What is the price of a new calculator?
Sol: 10 calculators average price increases by 17 Rupees
So, 10*17= 170.
So the new calculator cost = 400+170=570Rs.
So, the answer is Rs 570.
Learn Permutations Solutions Questions & Answers here..
Follow us on a Social media