Arithmetic Reasoning Verbal Reasoning Questions and Answers
Arithmetic Reasoning is an important topic of verbal reasoning in which we have to perform mathematical operations in order to solve the problems. Arithmetic reasoning problems mainly involve solving questions from Equations, Simplification, Problem on Ages etc.
- The total of the ages of A, B, and C is 80 years. What was the total of their ages four years ago?
Sol: Required sum = (80 – 4 x 3) years
= (80 – 12) years = 68 years.
Ans: 68 years
- Find the number which when added to itself 13 times, gives the answer as 112.
Sol: Let the number be x.
Then, x + 13x = 112
⇒ 14x = 112 x = 8.
- In a group of dogs & hens, the number of legs is 200 & by counting their heads they are 80 in number. How many hens are there?
Sol: Let x and y be the number of dogs and hens respectively. Then,
x + y = 80 … (i) and
4x + 2y = 200 or 2x + y = 100 … (ii)
Solving (i) and (ii), we get) x = 20, y = 60.
Ans: 60 hens
- The number of times the digits are used in numbering the pages of a notebook having 360 pages is:
Sol: The number of times the digits are used:
= (No. of digits in 1- digit page nos. + No. of digits in 2-digit page nos. + No. of digits in 3- digit page nos.)
= (1 x 9 + 2 x 90 + 3 x 261) = (9 + 180 + 783) = 972.
- A man has Rs. 480 in the denominations of one-rupee notes, five-rupee notes, and ten-rupee notes. The number of notes of each denomination is equal. What is the total number of notes that he has?
Sol: Let a number of notes of each denomination be x.
Then, x + 5x + 10x = 480
⇒ 16x = 480 x = 30.
Hence, total number of notes = 3x = 90.
Takshila Learning in an online e-learning platform that provides a complete solution to the candidates preparing for various bank & insurance exams.
We are offering a complete package for bank exams preparation:
Package includes- Pre. & Mains topics both
- 3000+ videos Animated Videos
- Full-Length Sample papers with performance analysis
- 100+ Mock test with solutions
- Study Material in PDF format
- Daily current affairs
- Faculty support
- Speed tests
- Job Alerts
Be the part of Takshila Learning family today & feel the difference in the way we guide our aspirants to achieve their dream of getting a government job …!