Area Problems Solved Questions For IBPS, SBI and Other Bank Exams
Takshila Learning offers to its students online coaching classes for IBPS. We have designed an online course which caters to all your needs to crack any banking exam. You can also join our online test series to enhance your chances of cracking any banking exam.
- IBPS Clerk, IBPS PO, SBI Clerk, SBI PO, RRB online classes
- General awareness for bank exams
- English for competitive exams
- Online mock test papers
Area Problems Solved Questions
- Area of a Rectangle = length * breadth
Length = (Area/Breadth) and Breadth = (Area/Length)
- Perimeter of a Rectangle = 2(Length + Breadth)
- Area of a Square = (side)2 = ½ ( Diagonal)2
- Area of four walls of a room = 2(length + breadth) * height
- Area of a triangle = ½ * base * height
- Area of a Triangle = (Heron’s formula)
where a,b,c are the sides of the triangle and s (semi-perimeter) = 1/2(a+b+c)
- Area of an equilateral triangle = (/4)* (side)2
- Area of a Parallelogram = (base * height)
- Area of Rhombus = 1/2 (product of diagonals)
- Area of Trapezium =1/2 * (sum of parallel sides)* (distance between them)
- Area of a Circle where r is the radius
- Circumference of a Circle = 2r
- Length of an arc = θ/360 * 2r
- Area of a Sector = θ/360 *
- Area of a Semicircle = /2
Let us under the concept of Areas with the help of some examples:
Eg: Length of one side of a rectangular field is 15m and length of one of its diagonal is 17m. Find the area of the field.
Sol: Applying Pythagoras here, Length of another side = = = 8m
So, Area of the field = 15 * 8 =120 sq. m
For practice of Mensuration & more, Click at IBPS PO online coaching
Eg: The length of a rectangle is twice its breadth & if its length is decreased by 5cm and breadth is increased by 5cm, the area of the rectangle is increased by 75 sq cm. Find the breadth of the rectangle.
Sol: let length = 2x and breadth = x then
(2x-5) (x+5) – (2x*x)=75
5x-25 = 75 => x=20
So, breadth of the rectangle = 20 cm
Eg: A rectangular plot 110m * 65cm has a gravel path 5cm wide all round it on the inside of the rectangular plot. Find the cost of graveling the path at 80 paise per sq.mt.
Sol: Area of the plot = 110 * 65 = 7150 sq m
Area of the plot excluding the path = (110-5)* (65-5) = 6300 sq m
Area of the path = 7150- 6300 =850 sq m
Cost of graveling the path = 850 * 80/100 = 680 Rs
Eg: A room 5m 44cm long and 3m 74cm broad is to be paved with square tiles. Find the least number of square tiles that are required to cover the floor.
Sol: Area of the room = 544 * 374 sq cm
Size of largest square tile = H.C.F of 544cm and 374cm= 34cm
Area of 1 tile = 34*34 sq cm
No. of tiles required = (544*374) / (34 * 34) = 176
For more articles on other subjects, IBPS PO online classes, RRB online coaching, register with Takshila Learning.
Follow us on a Social media
0 responses on "Area Problems Solved Questions For IBPS, SBI and Other Bank Exams"